Wednesday, July 22, 2009

The end is very near.

I only have 3 days left at the orphanage. I can't believe that my summer is almost over. This week has been spent going to refugee camps and sharing the gospel each afternoon. My nights have been spent sitting in the girls bedroom talking with some of the older girls. They are all begging me to stay here. But, I must return home. There would be many unhappy folks if I stayed!
I will be flying to another island for debrief on Sunday. It is really difficult for me to think that I have been in another country, away from my loved ones for almost two months. WOW GOD! It has been an amazing experience. I am looking forward to going home though. But, my work in this place is not done until I get onto the plane to fly home. It has been tough to keep focus on the tasks at hand with the smell of home so close!
I have really enjoyed my summer and the team that I was put with. I hope that our lives will keep in touch. We are all going different directions when we go home, but this summer will forever keep us together in our minds. I hope that all the other people serving out there finish well! Phil. 3:10-14! God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment